EVolution is an open extensible real-time deterministic platform for electric vehicle battery test cell control and data acquisition. Ready to deploy off-the-shelf the software offers a number of key benefits:
- Low-cost entry-level.
- Quick and easy to deploy, configure and replicate.
- Faster development times with automation and collaboration.
- An open platform for greater modularity, flexibility, model integration and custom sensors.
- Complete test coverage achieved with a flexible platform for accurate and innovative test systems.
- Straightforward integration with existing systems.
- Adaptable to rapidly accommodate changing/future requirements, therefore, reducing costs and complexity.
- Proven expertise in this field.
Based on the NI platform the software is designed to offer maximum flexibility and extensibility to integrate across any hardware configuration, and with a deterministic real-time test engine at its heart, the system can run high-speed models and close the loop with real sensor data at rates upwards of 1 kHz. The advanced software is designed to address many of the issues faced by a busy and technically demanding test environment including powerful features to support efficient test configuration and deployment:
- Intuitive user-friendly interface and workflows.
- The ability for high-speed synchronous data acquisition and logging (up to 200kHz – requires specific hardware options/support).
- Standard 1kHz loop rate for model execution, IO update rates and data logging.
- Flexible to support multiple model formats including MATLAB/Simulink, AVL Boost and Cruise, TechnaliaDynaCar, IPG CarMaker, LabVIEW, etc. Simply import new models as compiled DLL and map inputs and outputs.
- Simple and fast to deploy standard scripts or create new scripts via Python scripting tool and support library or real-time sequence wizard.
- Supports long continuous test durations with a built-in real-time sequencer (when based on headless real-time system).
- Change and manage test cell configurations from a single interface.
- User level-based access.
- A dynamic user interface that can be reconfigured in tests removing the need to restart.
- Open extensible architecture. Add new sensors or bespoke protocols via a simple low-cost, ‘plug-in’ upgrade or import via the built-in template. The new custom device is automatically verified, packaged and deployed down to the real-time controller.
- Apply application-specific safety protection models.
- Wide range of standard comms buses are supported such as High Speed CAN bus up to 1 Mbits/sec, Ethernet up to 1000BASE-T, Generic RS-232, EtherCAT, CANopen, Profibus, FlexRay, LIN (please note that many of these require specific interface cards).
The software includes a number of battery test specific features:
- Specific battery protection models and fixed device definitions applicable to battery testing
- Application-specific user interface widgets
- Device plugin in for Unico EtherCAT Battery Cycler*
- A generic Battery plugin device with a wizard-based UI to reduce the time required to add a CAN-based Battery pack/BMS to the system.
- Environmental Chamber plugin device – currently supports ACS Chambers*
- DUT Chiller Plugin Device – currently supports Huber* or Lauda*
- Generic Python Scripts for the following standard battery tests
- Max Power
- Endurance Cycle – Playback of a CSV file.
*Plugins proven on specific device models and may require specific communication interface cards.
High-speed Test Cell Applications
High-speed deterministic modelling and control. (HiL)
Intuitive test sequencing and scripting via Python scripting engine.
USER LEVEL BASED ACCESS
Channel mapping with calibration and alarming.
Open extensible architecture.
Dynamic User Interface
As part of the NI ecosystem of solutions, the system is able to integrate with the wide range of commercial-off-the-shelf ADAS solutions, and expertise developed and supported by the National Instruments community of Alliance Partners.
News & tips
Sign up to our email newsletter to receive regular LabVIEW tips and related updates from the Austin Consultants team.
Get in touch
Talk to us about your project today.