- Low-cost entry-level.
- The open platform provides greater modularity, flexibility, model integration and custom sensors.
- Quick and easy to deploy, configure and replicate.
- Reduce cost and complexity with a future-proof platform.
- Achieve complete test coverage with a flexible platform.
- Enable accurate and innovative powertrain test systems.
- Achieve faster development times with automation and collaboration.
- Adaptable to rapidly accommodate changing project requirements.
- Independent review of requirements and outsourced testbed completion.
- Integration with existing systems.
- Detect defects earlier through scalable testing.
The world global Electric Vehicle (EV) market is increasing rapidly. By 2040 55% of all new car sales and 33% of the global fleet will be electric.
This rapid rate of development combined with new and emerging technology implementations and complexity is driving increased demand for new test systems and architectures. Test cells require a much more modular approach; combining standard frameworks and commercial–off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware this Test Cell Control and Data Acquisition System provides a low-cost route to a reconfigurable, flexible, modular, expandable solution.
The EV Test Cell Control and Data Acquisition System is a complete, off-the-shelf solution for either real-time component testing or full vehicle eDyno testing. The system has been designed with a deterministic real-time test engine at its heart, to ensure that the system can run high-speed models and close the loop with real sensor data at rates upwards of 1 kHz.
With the National Instruments hardware and software platform at its core, the system has also been designed with maximum flexibility and extensibility in mind.
The modular system comprises
- Test Cell Control and Data Acquisition Software Platform.
- Configurable Test Cell Control and Data Acquisition Hardware.
- A range of optional support services to get your test cell up and running fast:
- Test Cell Integration
- Cell Services Integration
- Safety System Integration
- Power Analyzer Rack
- Data Management including Enterprise Integration
- Data Analysis.
High-speed deterministic modelling and control. (HiL)
The software provides the ability to run many different types of models, ranging from MATLAB/Simulink, AVL Boost and Cruise, TechnaliaDynaCar, IPG CarMaker to simple models built in LabVIEW or pure C code.
Intuitive test sequencing and scripting via Python scripting engine.
No need for high-level programming experience. Predefined test-steps for configuration and test profile creation. Integrated Python scripting tool allows new steps to be created for applying calculations to channels, importing new file formats and other requirements.
Multi-link capability- deterministic high-speed data sharing between multi-axis or systems for maximum scalability to facilitate multiple test applications.
USER LEVEL BASED ACCESS
Multiple Configurable User Access Levels ensure ease of use, extensibility, system security, and allow new scripts and testing sequences to be generated and low-level functionality increased.
Channel mapping with calibration and alarming.
Assign specific physical channels to in ports and out ports in models. Name channels appropriately for your specific test. Apply scaling and calibration for your sensors.
Open extensible architecture.
Based on NI PXI modular hardware platform offering a cost-effective, adaptable solution for changing hardware requirements. Flexible to accommodate new technologies and extendable chassis for increased demands. Add new sensors, or bespoke protocols via a simple low-cost, ‘plug-in’ upgrade.
All Data is synchronised, time-stamped and logged to TDMS file format. Plug-ins are available for both MATLAB and Microsoft Excel™.
Dynamic User Interface
Configure and save user interface in the test. Create profiles specific to your requirements. No need to restart the test.
Optional galvanic isolation provided via the Test Cell Management Unit.
As part of the NI ecosystem of solutions, the system is able to integrate with the wide range of commercial-off-the-shelf ADAS solutions, and expertise developed and supported by the National Instruments community of Alliance Partners.
TEST CELL CONTROL AND DATA ACQUISITION SOFTWARE PLATFORM
The advanced software is designed to address many of the issues faced by a busy and technically demanding test environment including powerful features to support efficient test configuration and deployment:
- Intuitive user-friendly interface and workflows.
- The ability for high-speed synchronous data acquisition and logging (up to 200kHz – requires specific hardware options/support).
- Standard 1kHz loop rate for model execution, IO update rates and data logging.
- Flexible to support multiple model formats including MATLAB/Simulink, AVL Boost and Cruise, TechnaliaDynaCar, IPG CarMaker, LabVIEW, etc. Simply import new models as compiled DLL and map inputs and outputs.
- Simple and fast to deploy standard scripts or create new scripts via Python scripting tool and support library or real-time sequence wizard.
- Supports long continuous test durations with a built-in real-time sequencer (when based on headless real-time system).
- Change and manage test cell configurations from a single interface.
- User level-based access.
- A dynamic user interface that can be reconfigured in tests removing the need to restart.
- Open extensible architecture. Add new sensors or bespoke protocols via a simple low-cost, ‘plug-in’ upgrade or import via the built-in template. The new custom device is automatically verified, packaged and deployed down to the real-time controller.
- Apply application-specific safety protection models.
- Wide range of standard comms buses are supported such as High Speed CAN bus up to 1 Mbits/sec, Ethernet up to 1000BASE-T, Generic RS-232, EtherCAT, CANopen, Profibus, FlexRay, LIN (please note that many of these require specific interface cards).
News & tips
Sign up to our email newsletter to receive regular LabVIEW tips and related updates from the Austin Consultants team.
Get in touch
Talk to us about your project today.