- Consultancy and solution design to develop a robust data logging platform that supports enhanced test requirements. satisfies business objectives, integrates with legacy systems and is configured to minimise redundancy and accommodate future change.
- Custom data acquisition and multichannel signal processing across multiple simultaneous tests types, configurations and over long time periods.
- User-friendly LabView based system offering system reliability, accuracy and reporting.
- Enable the effective use and reuse of existing test architecture.
- Adaptable for multiple test types and configurations.
- Data export delivered in any format required by data stakeholders.
- Optimise processes and efficiency.
- Enable agile and flexible accommodation of future requirements.
- Gain new insights and optimise equipment performance.
- Minimise downtime and impact on laboratory
- Independent expert review of requirements.
- Effective budget management via outsourced expertise and transparent project management.
- Increased reliability, availability & maintainability.
Austin Consultants facilitated a review with the various stakeholders to understand not only the requirements for the system but also the data dependencies of the wider team. Thanks to their professional approach to design and build the system not only addresses our requirements for reliable and consistent test monitoring across a large number and range of tests, over long time periods but also provides an adaptable and extendable platform that can easily accommodate new and changing demands
Materials testing is a well-established technique used to determine the physical and mechanical properties of raw materials and components from a human hair to steel, composite materials and ceramics. Testing can be categorised into five key areas: mechanical; thermal; electrical; resistance to corrosion, radiation, and biological deterioration; and nondestructive. Standard test methods have been established by international organisations including the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
There are numerous suppliers of material and application-specific testing equipment, software and services however due to the complexity of materials and factors to test, it is impossible to find an off-the-shelf solution for every requirement.
Creep is the slow change in the dimensions of a material due to prolonged stress; most common metals exhibit creep behaviour. In a creep test, loads below those necessary to cause instantaneous fracture are applied to the material, and the deformation over a period of time (creep strain) under constant load is measured. In the same test, the time to failure is also measured against the level of stress; the resulting curve is called stress rupture or creep rupture. Once creep strain versus time is plotted, a variety of mathematical techniques is available for extrapolating creep behaviour of materials beyond the test times so that designers can utilise thousand-hour test data, for example, to predict ten-thousand-hour behaviour.
Many materials testing laboratories will use a combination of different equipment, sensors and software to recreate and research the impact of various environmental factors on specific material or products.
Although Austin Consultants does not hold domain-specific knowledge of material test and characterisation our expertise in sensor deployment, test automation, data acquisition and signal processing allows us to support your materials test laboratory with the expertise to configure a wide range of custom tests.
Our expertise in data logging allows laboratories to log, access and monitor test data, simultaneously, alerting changes as they take place, and providing detailed post-test analysis.
Creep test data logging software
For Creep test we offer an off-the-shelf data logging solution that can be easily configured to custom requirements. This adaptable automated system is designed to perform reliable and consistent test monitoring across a large number and range of tests, over long time periods. It provides an adaptable and extendable platform that can easily accommodate new and changing demands.
- Increase performance, monitoring, and data capture.
- Configurable to provide customised data acquisition and multichannel signal processing across multiple simultaneous tests types, configurations and over long time periods.
- Highly flexible allowing users to remap channels and reconfigure the system as required.
- Clean, resizable and intuitive user interface.
- Create and save test blueprints for easy reuse.
- Scalable to allow users to review and display tests of any duration.
- Event monitoring alerts the user to any changes in long-term testing.
- Modular software architecture enables simple future expansion with additional modules and chassis.
- Enables more effective use and reuse of existing test architecture.
- Increased flexibility of the system for multiple test types and different test setups.
- Configurable data export in a format more suitable for data stakeholders.
- Provides reduced operating and maintenance overheads, and improved the operator experience.
- Requirements capture
- Exploratory Data Appraisal (where current data exists – e.g. upgrades).
- Hardware – if required.
- Software – a dedicated stand-alone app and/or integration with existing systems.
- Onsite installation
- User/Admin training
- Ongoing maintenance and support as required.
Why Austin Consultants
- Our consultants are experts in software integration, with a proven track record of delivering solutions in materials research environments.
- We offer proven expertise in sensor integration, hardware, software and custom engineering.
- Our variable sample rates offer greater levels of sensitivity and insight.
- Our services can be outsourced or we are happy to undertake projects as part of a blended team, working alongside your in-house developers to ensure seamless delivery and knowledge transfer.
- We are able to draw upon expertise amassed by working with clients across a wide range industries offering advanced engineering and manufacturing applications.
- We are able to develop customised applications utilising bespoke technologies e.g FPGA
News & tips
Sign up to our email newsletter to receive regular LabVIEW tips and related updates from the Austin Consultants team.
Get in touch
Talk to us about your project today.