Careers at Austin ConsultantsLooking for a varied, stimulating and rewarding career opportunity?
Work with us
Austin Consultants is a company built on integrity, excellence, and innovation. These values guide us as we aim to realise our ambition of building a world-class technology company.
If you are an engineer aspiring to work with cutting-edge technology and thrive on challenge, please contact us. We will provide you with the freedom to learn, create and achieve.
The Austin Consultants environment will nurture your skills and creativity, helping you develop professionally and personally.
We invest in our team and help them reach their career goals by continually supporting them to develop their skills. We believe that skills deserve recognition, and aim to ensure that individuals receive industry certification for their specialised area of expertise.
We actively share best practice within the team and keep up to date on the latest LabVIEW developments. We collaborate internally to develop frameworks and tools to assist the LabVIEW community.
Within our team, we are able to offer a huge amount of experience across many programming languages Where appropriate we choose LabVIEW because of its graphical interface, which makes it easier and quicker to build functionality and therefore better value for our clients.
Quality & Service
As a company, we highly value Customer Happiness, Service, Quality and Reputation. We pride ourselves on our reputation within the industry and have measures in place to continually strive to improve this standing.
Our Current Vacancies
We are waiting to hear from you! We are currently looking for the following talented individuals:
Senior Python Developer|London £Competitive
Python Developer – Senior
London, England, United Kingdom · Data Science & Condition Monitoring
Due to the success of our data science team in winning sizeable projects with top tier companies and our vision to develop a PaaS/SaaS platform that will blend AI/ML with IIoT, we are looking to grow the team. We are looking for a Python developer to help build our integrated data solutions.
Austin Consultants is an engineering design, development and integration company specialising in automated test, measurement and control solutions, embedded development, and data science, across a range of industries throughout the UK, and overseas. As one of the UK’s highest certified National Instruments (NI) partners, our team combines expertise across the NI platform, including LabVIEW and hardware, with other COTS hardware and languages, like Python, to develop solutions from cutting-edge test and automation to complex distributed embedded systems. As experts in data acquisition and signal processing, our team are able to harness the value of this data from individual and aggregated sources or deploy additional sensors and instrumentation to collect data from new areas. We utilise our combined expertise in systems engineering and data science to specialise in a number of key areas:
- Non-intrusive load monitoring of equipment, characterisation and interpretation of power signature.
- Data analysis to gain new insights and optimise equipment performance.
- Development of AI algorithms to provide equipment and process prognostics.
- Improve machine utilisation.
The Python developer will play a key role in developing our data acquisition, data analysis and dashboarding platform. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the data science team to develop end-to-end condition monitoring and operational efficiency solutions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and test software in Python.
- Collaborate with the business development and data science teams in capturing and delivering on the requirements of a project.
- Implementing the condition monitoring platform architecture.
- Take ownership of own deliverables.
- Analysing business requirements and planning an appropriate software solution with a focus on accuracy, build efficiency and maintainability.
- Communicating effectively with potentially non-technical colleagues on technical subjects.
- Mentoring graduate python developers.
- Developing a technology strategy with the Lead Data Scientist, Team Leader and marketing team.
- Assisting with the recruitment of key team members with the help of senior management and the Lead Data Scientist.
- Assisting in producing quotes and following up through the sales process to completion of sales.
- Contributing to active projects to ensure they are delivered on time and to budget.
- Concise regular project updates to the senior management team.
- Evaluating the success of all projects against set benchmarks, sharing lessons and best practice.
Supported by excellent working communication skills, the Python Developer should have:
- Have several years’ experience with Python.
- Have an undergraduate qualification in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, AI, machine learning or another relevant mathematical/engineering discipline.
- Have experience of ensuring high-quality code output by using TDD and code reviews consistently.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
- Be a natural collaborator, able to partner effectively with others to achieve demanding objectives.
- Take ownership of your own personal and professional development.
- Have great organisational skills and be able to manage your own workload.
- Knowledge of Data Science and IoT principles at a high-level.
- Working knowledge of data acquisition, data analysis and data storage principles.
- Proactive and participative team member skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Attention to detail and the ability to listen.
- Numeracy skills and commercial awareness.
- Highly motivated, possess a professional attitude and work ethic.
- Experience of using Python in an industrial context
- High-level knowledge of industrial data acquisition systems, including IoT data acquisition systems.
- General understanding of a broad range of software languages and a variety of hardware platforms for test, measurement and control, data acquisition
- Knowledge of National Instruments hardware and software.
- Previous experience of working with Linux platforms and be proficient with IoT Linux devices.
- Knowledge of the key frameworks such as Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib, TensorFlow, Keras, Seaborn, Pytorch, Torch, AWS Deep Learning AMI.
- Experience implementing solutions based on supervised and unsupervised learning, pattern recognition, Bayesian statistics, time series analysis, HMMs, latent variable methods and neural nets.
- Own car for business use and UK driving licence.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible hours with some remote working.
- Work with a closely knit, high-performance team with a startup mentality and a great sense of humour.
- Get a chance to lead the development of a high impact and potential product.
- Central London office location with fabulous views.
Please apply only if you have the right to stay and work in the UK.
To apply for this position please submit your application here.
Systems Engineer |Snr System Engineer (LabVIEW) £25K – £50K.
The entry point for joining as a System Engineer or Snr System Engineer will be dependent on your technical knowledge and proven capabilities in the relevant areas to successfully undertake the duties and responsibilities. We take pride in our culture built around creating an environment promoting and actively encouraging progression through support and self-development, so are looking for like-minded individuals with drive, determination and a results-focused attitude.
Joining our Systems Engineering Department, you’ll be part of a team that is responsible for developing both hardware and software solutions, based on object-oriented technology and event-based architectures, primarily in the LabVIEW programming language and on the National Instruments hardware platforms.
You will help customers across a wide range of industries with a diversity of issues, from getting started with LabVIEW software, programming and debugging, to the onsite commissioning of complex systems including distributed embedded systems. You will also be involved with projects such as creating demos and developing proof of concepts. You must exhibit strong problem-solving, communication and business acumen skills alongside a passion for technology. You will gain a privileged insight into engineering practices across a wide range of industries and will be part of an expert team providing consultancy on system requirements.
Our Senior System Engineers take on responsibility for leading projects acting as the primary technical contact to the client, including architectural design, project management through full project lifecycle and managing internal project teams. The complexity and size of projects will increase based on an individual’s skills and capabilities. They are also expected to be able to handle commercial project-related discussions, including response to RFQ’s, requirements qualification and costings, with the client.
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of these positions include, but are not limited to;
- Programming memory and speed efficient applications using LabVIEW, object-oriented programming and event-based architectures.
- Developing intuitive graphical user interfaces.
- Selecting the correct measurement hardware for a given application based on a customer’s specification.
- Providing timely, accurate and effective solutions to technical problems.
- Providing guidance on the installation and working functionality of both software and hardware, including an explanation of configuration settings.
- Troubleshooting problems and incompatibilities in both software and hardware.
- Delivering professional and high quality, customer education courses.
- Delivering technical presentations and demonstrations to customers, colleagues and partners.
- Maintaining up to date awareness of all competitive products and how they compare technically with Austin Consultants’ core products and technologies
- Working with the business development team to develop proof of concepts and Quotations for customers.
- Flexibility to travel throughout the UK, including at short notice 50% of the time
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 2.1 honours degree in engineering or science related field, such as electrical/electronic engineering, physics, mechatronics, mechanical or computer science.
- Minimum of LabVIEW qualification of Certified LabVIEW Developer, ideally Certified LabVIEW Architect (requirement for Snr System Engineer level)
- Certified TestStand Developer qualification desired but not essential.
- Minimum of 3 continuous year’s practical commercial project experience in, instrumentation & control, industrial automation and ATE is required.
- Firm knowledge and experience of National Instruments embedded systems, including LabVIEW FPGA and LabVIEW Real Time.
- Understanding and practical experience of object-oriented principles.
- Experience with all National Instruments hardware platforms, including DAQmx, cRIO and PXI.
- Practical electrical debug experience.
- Experience in a second language, Python, JAVA, C and C++ is preferred but not essential.
- Must be able to multitask, manage time and prioritise effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills to analyse the problem and think creatively to provide a solution.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills are key.
- A results-focused, action-oriented mentality is essential with the ability to deal effectively with customers to deliver successful project outcomes.
- Ability to get along with others and function as a team player as well as work autonomously.
- A proactive, can-do attitude and a positive outlook is vital
- Legal right to live and work in the UK. Sponsorship is not available.
- Must hold a full clean and valid UK driving license.
- Ability to make commercially informed decisions when working on projects with customers.
Reporting to the Head of Systems
Ideally, based in our northern office, in Sheffield, although being situated at our Bristol or London office will be considered.
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV to recruitment@https://austinconsultants.com
Closing Date: 30th March 2019
Responding to applications
We receive an extremely high number of applications and CVs for the jobs that we advertise. Please be assured that we do review every application that we receive but unfortunately we are unable to respond to each one individually. If we feel that your CV is compatible with a role advertised we will contact you within two weeks of receiving your CV to arrange a follow-up. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, please assume that your application has not made it through to the next stage.
If you are specifically looking for LabVIEW Development roles then you may be interested in registering your details with our sister company, Austin Resourcing who are a specialist LabVIEW Recruitment Agency. You can either visit their website to view current vacancies and register or contact them directly on 0800 772 0695 or email email@example.com.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Recruitment agency policy
Austin Consultants employment opportunities are only open to direct candidates, all agency CV’s will not be considered and will be discarded. Due to the large volume of cold calls and email spam received from agencies, it is now company policy not to respond to them.