LabVIEW Training CoursesWe offer a range of training courses in LabVIEW, FPGA & cRIO and VeriStand, and how to integrate them with other software languages and can tailor these courses to suit your needs.
Our customised NI training courses are tailored to your specific requirements and ability. From the basics of Introduction to LabVIEW to advanced VeriStand training or a bespoke course that meets the needs of your team or specific project, we deliver training on your site and demonstrate techniques and tutorials to help your team gain greater programming efficiency and increase their productivity.
We teach a range of NI programming languages including LabVIEW, VeriStand, FPGA and cRIO. We enhance our teaching with our vast practical experience in each of these areas and share this valuable experience with your team by giving real-world examples of application areas where each of these can be applied.
If you’re unsure of the specific areas in which you would like to gain more experience, you may prefer one of our pre-designed courses (listed below) which range from 1-3 days depending on the topic and level of experience required.
The best aspect of Austin Consultants has been their flexibility in meeting our specific training needs.
Our courses are tailored to your requirements, based on the number of students and level of training required.
L1 – LabVIEW Beginner Level: From never having heard of LabVIEW to only a few weeks of LabVIEW knowledge.
L2 – LabVIEW Intermediate User: Between 1 month and 1 year of experience (approximately) of LabVIEW programming.
L3 – LabVIEW Advanced User: More than 1 year of LabVIEW experience.
LabVIEW Training Courses in the UK
Our pre-designed course packages are listed below. Click the course title to expand the section for more information on the course.
Software Engineering Principles – Full Day - L1
- Software management best practice.
- Requirements capture.
- Software time estimation techniques.
- Source code control with LabVIEW, Mecurial, Subversion and Bitbucket.
LabVIEW Beginner: Code in one day - Full Day - L1
- Learn to code in LabVIEW in one day.
- Have a trained instructor guide you from your first program to understanding the functions and benefits acquired from programming in a graphical format rather than text based.
- Learn the speed at which you can program simple items and useful tools in LabVIEW. Learn why LabVIEW is forever growing in popularity as the programming tool of choice for Engineers.
LabVIEW Intermediate Programmer - Full Day - L2
- Error handling: Why? We’ll show you some practical solutions and demonstrate various ways to do it – CEH, free running modules, etc.
- Sharing data between loops: What to use and what not to use. There are multiple methods, reasons why not to use, and we’ll take you through some common mistakes.
- Creating a great GUI: Tips and tricks. Also property nodes, graphics, basic animations, Xcontrols, etc.
- Building and distributing code: Exe. Installers, etc.
LabVIEW Data Acquisition, Instrumentation, and System Integration – Full Day - L2
- LabVIEW best practice.
- Data acquisition from the PC – best practice.
- Other instrument best practice (RS-232, GPIB, TCP/IP).
- Coding style and why it matters. We will take you through simple tips to make code readable, modular and portable between team members.
- Managing Application configuration (.ini files).
- Managing and reporting data – introduction to common methods, advantages, disadvantages, speed, etc. TDMS plus report generation from LabVIEW using custom defined .xls files, etc.
LabVIEW Architectures and Templates - Full Day - L2
Spend a day learning the best LabVIEW Architectures to use for the different types of programs you write, saving yourself getting into scalability and flexibility issues further down the line.
- Quick code writing with flexibility.
- Producer Consumer Benefits.
- Data acquisition structures.
- LabVIEW templates.
- Advanced templates and frameworks (discount available on the Austin Consultants Framework with the course).
LabVIEW and the Web - Full Day - L2
- Interacting with your applications over the web.
- WebServices (GET, PUT, POST, DELETE).
LabVIEW Interfacing with Other Languages – Full Day – L2
- C/C++, .NET, Java, etc.
- Interfacing LabVIEW with other languages (for people using other programming languages especially, or working with non-LabVIEW interfacing).
- DLL/prototypes integration, .NET assemblies, ActiveX, etc.
How to Pass Your Certified LabVIEW Developer Exam – Half Day – L2
- Tips, tricks and recommendations on to how to pass your Certified LabVIEW Developer exam. The course includes an attempt at passing an Austin Consultants training exam and have it marked by a Certified LabVIEW Architect who will provide constructive feedback on your answers.
- We have helped many people pass their CLD exam with the use of these fundamental tips.
VeriStand – Full Day – L2
- Introduction to VeriStand.
- Why use VeriStand? What sort of applications does it suit?
- Combining with the power of MATLAB – interaction with MATLAB models.
- Creating simple LV models.
- Alarms, fault insertion, Macro capabilities.
- Simple test scripting Stimulus Profile.
- Best practice: Introduction to advanced features, customer devices, customer controls, etc.
LabVIEW FPGA and cRIO – Full Day – L2
- What is an FPGA and why would you need one? (Custom protocols, speed, RIO architectures, future possibilities).
- LabVIEW FPGA and RUI best practice.
- Architectures to setup.
- Tips and tricks for FPGA programming.
LabVIEW Object Orientation – Full Day – L3
This course is split into a morning and afternoon session:
- Morning: Simple breakdown, why use OOP, the benefits, where the action arises from and basic UML.
- Afternoon: Advanced understanding and uses, and a guide to areas where it has been used (e.g. the Actor Framework).
- Some OO design patterns (factory/command, etc.).
LabVIEW Advanced Programmer - Full Day - L3
- Reference basic architecture (DVR).
- Getting better performance out of your code.
- Using non-standard installer creation.
LabVIEW FPGA and cRIO Advanced – Full Day – L3
- Increase speed and fitting into available space: Pipelining Efficient maths operations, dedicated DSP cores.
- Avoid long compiles – advanced testing and simulation before you compile.
- Compile servers – running a separate Linux server or Cloud setup.
How to Pass Your Certified LabVIEW Architect Exam – Half Day – L3
- Tips, tricks and recommendations on to how to pass your Certified LabVIEW Architect exam. Includes an attempt to pass an Austin Consultants training exam and have it marked by a Certified LabVIEW Architect with feedback and recommendations provided.
- We have helped many people pass their CLA exam with the use of these tried and tested tips.
Talk to us about your training requirements today
News & tips
Sign up to our email newsletter to receive regular LabVIEW tips and related updates from the Austin Consultants team.
Get in touch
Talk to us about your project today.