Introducing our Finance Candlestick OHLC Graph Toolkit
A number of Austin Consultants clients are moving towards analysing financial data using NI tools and currently lack the standard tools for visualisation. The Finance Candlestick OHLC Graph Toolkit offers the capability to quickly visualise financial data in LabVIEW. This provides financially interested LabVIEW users with a tool to quickly test and embed their sophisticated algorithms within LabVIEW. Data can be transferred into the plot either as a 2D Array string or directly in numerical form.
The Key Benefits:
- Visualise financial data within LabVIEW
- Simple and efficient way of dealing with financial data
- Choose to plot your data in a Candlesticks chart or in an OHLC chart
- Built in data smoothing options available
- Combine the strength of data analysis in
- LabVIEW with the advantages of optical analysis
- Ready to use examples to kick-start financial algorithm development.
Finance Candlestick OHLC Graph Toolkit Supports:
- Development Tools & Validation
- Analysis, Processing, and Generation
- Integrating with Hardware
- Integrating with Third Party Software
- Control & Simulation
- Data Management, Logging, and Reporting
- Image Processing
The economic and financial development over the years demonstrated the importance of being able to visualise and analyse financial data. Many programming languages already offer the capability of graphing such data in intuitive and commonly used patterns.
However, despite this growing trend visualisation aids in LabVIEW are still missing in this particular field. Austin Consultants is closing this gap by offering a fast and innovative way to visualise this data with its Finance Candlestick OHLC Plot and by doing so opening an additional avenue for LabVIEW developers to enter the financial world in LabVIEW and testing their financial algorithms within its generic software development.
Plots can be created by numerical data or table strings which is used when downloading data from the internet from site such as https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/. It should be noted that there are some limitations with regards to the number of data points which can be plotted on the graph.
A high number of data points will also lead to an increased memory allocation within LabVIEW which is caused by the number of data and will be released after LabVIEW was closed. Furthermore, the time for plotting the data on the graph will dramatically increase
Available plots include:
- Candlesticks with ends
- Line Graph
- Adjustable time plot period.